This Friday, Feb. 6th is National Wear Red Day- Go Red For Women to bring public awareness to the #1 killer of women… HEART DISEASE! 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke each year.
We are asking all of our BBCF athletes and friends to wear RED tomorrow to raise awareness!
The American Heart Association and the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute came together to create National Wear Red Day 12 years ago. In that time, they have made tremendous strides. They include:
- Nearly 90% of women have made at least one healthy behavior change.
- More than one-third of women has lost weight.
- More than 50% of women have increased their exercise.
- 6 out of 10 women have changed their diets.
- More than 40% of women have checked their cholesterol levels.
- One third of women has talked with their doctors about developing heart health plans.
But despite their progress, women are still dying. They’re still unaware of their risks and the facts. Join in the fight this National Wear Red Day.
For more information, please visit: https://www.goredforwomen.org/home/get-involved/national-wear-red-day/