Calling all Blackbird CrossFit Athletes…..Blackbird has signed up for it’s 1st competition!! We have entered a SCALED TEAM in the BACFAT (Baltimore Area CrossFit Affiliates Team) Competition! And we need YOU!
Here are some particulars:
- 6-week season running on consecutive Saturdays at 1:00pm from July 12th through August 16th.
- Head-to-head format in which your affiliate is matched up against one other affiliate each week.
- Rx Division and Scaled Divsion…one team per affiliate per division.
- Each team will consist of 4 athletes…2 female and 2 male
- Athletes for each team are interchangeable from your membership from week to week
- Participation from as many different members from your box is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
- Any given athlete may participate in a MAXIMUM of three match-ups
- The host affiliate will change from week to week
Words of wisdom from the organizer, “As CrossFitters, we are all competitive and I expect everyone will be going hard to win each week. Please keep in mind that the ultimate goal of BACFAT is to bring the community together in a competitive and FUN atmosphere. This should be the perfect venue to get some of your athletes who are reluctant to compete out on the floor rather than in the cheering section! By all means, bring the heat! However, this shouldn’t be a weekly throwdown for your box’s top 4 athletes.”
We know many of you are curious about competition and we think that this is the perfect place to get our feet wet. We do not care where you are in your CrossFit journey. It’s not about winning. For us, this is about conquering fears, facing new challenges, building our community and having FUN!
We will put a sign up sheet on the door of the box. To allow everyone who is interested an opportunity to compete, please sign up for only one weekend at this time. If there are open spaces, we will let everyone know. We’ll need 2 guys and 2 girls each weekend, plus a male and female alternate, just in case. And of course, we want a big cheering section each weekend too!
For more information, you can visit BACFATs website at http://www.bacfat.com/.