The time to reconvene classes at Blackbird CrossFit is quickly approaching….outdoor classes that is! Whereas we are excited for this opportunity, we are taking the risks very seriously. We are committed to being overly cautious to protect both our members and our coaching staff. This plan is fluid, just like all of the measures we have taken during this pandemic. We ask for your patience and understanding over the next few weeks as we constantly reevaluate the plan to reflect the most up-to-date information provided from the state. Please take a few moments to read this email in its entirety.
We are thrilled to announce that we will have a full set up outdoors, comparable to the amount of floor space that we enjoyed inside the main gym— including a rig, floor matting, equipment and tenting!! Classes will take place in the fenced in area located in the corner of the parking lot behind the gym.
TIMELINE FOR REOPENING
FOR THE REMAINDER OF MAY:
- Starting Monday, May 18th we will begin holding 2 outdoor classes per day (9 athlete limit) at 5:30am and 6:00pm on Monday—Friday.
- We will maintain 3 virtual classes Monday—Friday at 9:00am, 12:00pm, and 5:00pm. Saturday morning classes will remain virtual at this time.
- Bring your own equipment to outdoor class this month!!
- You will be required to pre-register for each class you plan to attend via the Wodify App. You must register for morning classes by 10:00pm the night before and for evening classes by noon the day of. Wodify creates a waiting list for classes. If you cannot attend a class you register for, YOU MUST go in and cancel your registration. Wodify will then send an email to everyone on that class waitlist.
- To pre-register for classes: Click the 3 horizontal lines in the righthand corner of the Wodify app > Choose Class Schedule > Scroll to your class and click red signing button.
- To cancel a registration: Click the 3 horizontal lines in the righthand corner of the Wodify app > Choose Class Schedule > Click grey Cancel button.
- Memberships— If you hold a current membership (virtual, 3x/week, unlimited or punch card), no changes need to be made to your membership to start attending the outdoor classes. You will still have unlimited access to virtual classes and any outdoor classes you secure a spot in.
STARTING IN MONDAY, JUNE 1st:
- We will resume our full class schedule with outdoor classes (including the noon Mon-Fri)!
- 5:30am, 6:30am, 8:00am, 9:30am, 12:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm = Monday — Friday.
- At this time, Saturday morning classes will remain virtual.
- We will maintain the 9:00am live virtual class and post the recording for people to use for the rest of the day.
- In order to equip the gym for classes, we will need a voluntary return of borrowed equipment. We need enough equipment to create 9 workout stations with male and female Rx weights available (and scaling options).
- If you plan to mainly attend outdoor classes and are willing to return your borrowed equipment, please email us at [email protected].
- Members with Virtual Memberships only may hold on to BBCF equipment loan until Phase 2 of the Governor’s Reopening Plan goes into effect.
- You will be required to pre-register for each class you plan to attend via the Wodify App. You must register for morning classes by 10:00pm the night before and for evening classes by noon the day of. Wodify creates a waiting list for classes. If you cannot attend a class you register for, YOU MUST go in and cancel your registration. Wodify will then send an email to everyone on that class waitlist. See details above on how to register.
- Memberships— due to the full schedule of classes, we will resume our regular membership rates. For those who would like to continue with a 100% virtual membership, that option will remain available to you. If you plan on attending outdoor classes, you will need to resume a regular membership (unlimited, 3x/week, or 10 class punch card). Any level of regular membership will also have access to the virtual class/recordings. If you have been laid off from your job and could benefit from membership assistance, please let us know. We will do our best to try and help as much as we can. To make changes to your membership for June, please email us at [email protected].
SAFETY PRECAUTION GUIDELINES:
- Class size will be restricted to 9 athletes and 1 coach.
- Classes will be 45-50 minutes long to ensure minimal overlap of members at start and finish.
- Coaches and athletes are expected to wear face coverings at all times.
- Athletes are expected to maintain the proper 6ft of social distancing at all times and not to congregate/hang out before or after class.
- The gym floor will have 10×10 squares to accommodate social distancing during lifting and workouts.
- Coaches will take all athlete’s temperatures as they arrive for class. Athletes with a temp of 100F or higher will be asked to leave.
- All athletes must wash their hands at the start and finish of class. We will have 2 outdoor hand washing stations.
- Each of the 9 workout stations on the gym floor will have its own set of equipment and two heights of pull up bars to eliminate the need for sharing.
- Athletes must use disinfectant wipes to clean all equipment they used during class.
- Coaches will spray floor mats with cleaning solution between classes.
- We will not be supplying chalk. Athletes will be encouraged to use workout gloves or bring their own chalk bar or liquid chalk. No WOD wax can be used at this time. Athletes will be responsible for thoroughly wiping the pull up bars free of any chalk residue.
- We are working on securing a tent to cover the majority of the space. This will allow us to workout in most all weather conditions. In the case of lightening, athletes will be asked to go to their cars until it is deemed safe to resume class.
- We will have water and electric at our outdoor space, so lighting should not be an issue for early morning or late evening classes.
- Restrooms— we will allow athletes to use BBCF facilities. One athlete is allowed in the building at a time.
- Childcare— There will be no childcare at this time.
- If you are in a high-risk group or work in a high-risk field, we are taking every precaution we can to protect our athletes, but it ultimately comes down to using your best judgement on if or when you attend regular classes.
- Contact Tracing (coaches will review and help with these guidelines in class):
- Mandatory sign in to class via the Wodify app on athlete’s phone,
- Record what floor grid square and rig space used in Wodify comments,
- All grid squares will be assigned an ”RX” pack of equipment,
- Any non RX equipment will be recorded in Wodify,
- All equipment will be labeled with a number for tracking purposes.
MEMORIAL DAY MURPH:
- Monday, May 25th we will hold heats of 9 people every hour, depending on the demand.
- More info to follow.
- All of the above safety precautions will take place.
- For the foreseeable future, we will hold Virtual CrossFit Kids classes.
- We will continue offering the free classes on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 11:00am through May.
- Starting in June, we will resume this as a paid service.
- More info to follow.
CUSTOMIZED LIFTING PROGRAM WITH COACH CHRIS
- You will be contacted individually with details on your membership during Phase 1 of reopening.
PACER, BARBELL CLUB, PERSONAL TRAINING, BLACKBIRD NUTRITION 1-on1 MEETINGS:
- These services will resume to some extent in June.
- More info to follow.
We truly appreciate all of you during this crazy time in our history. We have seen the amazing power of our community…lifting one another up, rallying around those who needed extra accountability or a virtual shoulder to cry on, supplying those in need with membership assistance, and sending beautiful messages of support to us and our coaches. We can’t wait to be together again. It won’t be the exact same, but it’s a step in the right direction to getting our Blackbirds back in action and feeling their best!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns that were not addressed in this email, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.