Dear Blackbird CrossFit community,
The Coronavirus responsible for COVID-19 illness is a growing public health concern. We think it goes without saying that we care deeply for the health and safety of our athletes and our community. We take our social responsibility in the wake of this global pandemic seriously. We respect each person’s views on this situation; some may feel that the measures being taken are extreme, but we are committed to being a part of limiting the further spread of this virus. As you’ve seen over the past 24 hours, this is a rapidly changing situation that we are closely following. We will communicate any new developments quickly and we’ll continue to make improvements to help you.
At this time, we will remain open for classes but our coaching team is preparing contingency plans if it turns out that it is in the best interest of public health to close. This is a very fluid plan of action and can change at any time.
PLAN OF ACTION:
PHASE 1 —
- As of Monday, March 16th, the following will go into effect. We will remain open with regular schedule.
- Class cap of 15 people. You must pre-register via your Wodify app.
- No Open Gym during regular classes.
- CrossFit Kids classes are cancelled.
Our preference is to keep your children at home. All current childcare monthly memberships are grandfathered, but no new memberships at this time. If you must bring school-aged children that do not need supervision, your children MUST be seated calmly and quietly on the couch or against the lockers. We cannot have ANY running around, wrestling, or disruptions during class. Absolutely no playing in Sweat Lodge. See details on this policy below.
PHASE 2 —
- Remain open.
- Class cap of 10 people.
- Reduce daily class schedule.
- No childcare.
- Provide at home workouts for those unable to make it into the gym.
PHASE 3 —
- Close the gym.
- Offer live stream or video teleconference classes via Zoom and outdoor classes.
- CLASS CAP & PRE-REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES
- Starting this Monday, March 16th there will be a 15 person class cap.
- You will be required to pre-register for each class you plan to attend via the Wodify App. You must register for morning classes (including the Tues/Thurs noon class) by 10:00pm the night before and for evening classes by noon the day of. Wodify creates a waiting list for classes. If you cannot attend a class you register for, YOU MUST go in and cancel your registration. Wodify will then send an email to everyone on that class waitlist. That remaining spot is first come, first serve. If there is at least 1 person registered, we will hold the class.
- To pre-register for classes: Click the 3 horizontal lines in the righthand corner of the Wodify app > Choose Class Schedule > Scroll to your class and click red signing button.
- To cancel a registration: Click the 3 horizontal lines in the righthand corner of the Wodify app > Choose Class Schedule > Click grey Cancel button.
- CHILDCARE: Due to schools closing for the next two weeks, we are forced to make some tough decisions regarding our childcare policy.
- At this time, Kids Club will remain open; however, our facility we cannot handle an influx of children due to schools being closed. We are asking that if at all possible, you not bring your children to the gym with you. If you currently take advantage of Kids Club on a regular basis and have a monthly kids club membership, you are still able to take advantage of your regular schedule. No new kids club monthly memberships will be granted at this time. **Please note, if you are not a 9:30am regular, you are not able to start bringing your children with you at this time.
- OLDER CHILDREN: Again, ideally we are asking that if at all possible, you keep the kids at home. If you must bring older school-age children, we will require them to sit calmly and quietly on the couch in the main gym or on the floor against the lockers during class. We cannot have ANY up and down, running around, wrestling, or other disruptions to the regular class. If this becomes an issue, we will have to eliminate the option to bring older kids with you. The Sweat Lodge is off limits to children.
- We will not be adding additional Kids Club hours.
- If your child has a runny nose, cough, fever, etc. please keep them home. We do reserve the right to turn a child away.
- If you have questions about the childcare policy, please reach out to Christine Dulling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Currently guidelines are to maintain a 6ft radius from others. Our taped off squares are 10ft each, so technically we can easily meet that standard. With the class cap, we will eliminate the need to share squat racks and barbells. We will be doing our part to minimize the sharing of equipment during workouts and eliminating partner workouts during this time.
- CROSSFIT KIDS: We will be suspending the March session of CrossFit KIDS. We will reach out to the families enrolled with a course of action by the beginning of next week.
Cleanliness has always been a top priority at BBCF, and we are taking additional measures to provide a safe and sanitary space for you. We are also asking YOU to help us.
To reiterate the message we posted this week:
- If you are sick, exhibiting any symptoms of the virus, or know that you have been exposed to the virus, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and stay home.
- We recommend everyone wash their hands before and after class. To RX the hand washing, wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- We have hand sanitizer available on the kiosk. Please use it before and after class.
- The Wodify kiosk is off limits to members. Please use your Wodify phone app to log into class and record performance.
- We ask that you continue to clean ALL of your equipment well after every class, including your markers and whiteboards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then immediately dispose of it in our wastebaskets.
- “Air” high fives, head nods and cheering are ALL Rx – we’re avoiding handshakes, fist bumps, and high fives for the time being.
EXTRA PRECAUTIONS WE ARE TAKING FOR YOU?
- We have increased sanitization of high-touch areas before and after classes.
- We are spraying the gym down with a bleach solution each evening after classes.
- Our cleaning company uses top of the line, highest-rated for effectiveness cleaning supplies.
- Weather and temperature permitting, we will have all of the garage doors open to introduce as much fresh air as possible to the gym.
If you have question or concerns, please direct all communication to firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT LINE: Corona Virus.
Your health is our whole reason for being here. Thank you for your support and help during this time.
Matt & Rebekah and the BBCF Coaching Team