It’s that time of year again… The 4th Annual BBCF CROSSFIT OPEN TEAM LEAGUE!
YOU WILL FALL INTO 3 CATEGORIES:
1. You participated last year and can’t wait to do it again.
2. You didn’t, but wish you would’ve and now you can.
3. You are new to BBCF, have no idea what’s going on, it sounds confusing, but you’re incredibly curious and you will sign up because everyone else is doing it.
Whichever category you fall into, stop over thinking it and run to sign up at the front desk.
WHAT IS THE CROSSFIT OPEN?
Every year CrossFit Headquarters (CFHQ) hosts the CrossFit Open to find the strongest and fastest athletes to qualify to go to the annual CrossFit Games— essentially the Olympics of CrossFit. Over 5 weeks, CrossFit HQ will announce a mystery workout each Thursday. We will be following the 5 weeks of workouts alongside the CFHQ Open, but are putting our own interactive/fun spin on it— a TEAM-BASED league featuring our FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS team showdown each Friday.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
The Open is full of opportunities to achieve what you didn’t think was possible and celebrate progress with friends. For five weeks, you—and the hundreds of thousands of other people who CrossFit across the WORLD—are at the whim of the Director of the Games Dave Castro, taking on workouts that may require you to try a new skill, improve the skills you already have, or push yourself harder than you ever have before. This might be a little scary to new CrossFitters, but believe us when we say, it’s fun, it’s exciting, and it is a fantastic way to make new friends at the gym. PLUS, you’ll get an awesome 2018 Open T-Shirt/Tank!
If you talk to anyone who has experienced the Open, or Friday Night Lights with us, they will probably tell you their favorite part was watching one of their fellow Blackbirds get a PR lift or when a friend stepped outside of their comfort zone and they watched them grind away on a workout that tested their limits. So, yes, we are keeping score and competing on teams for the Open, but in the end, we really only care that everyone gave it their all regardless of what team they’re on. During the Open and especially at the Friday Night Lights events you often find that the loudest cheers are not for the people that finished first or lifted the most, but they are for the person with the most heart. You do not have to be competitive to participate; you just have to be open to a new experience.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT— the quick version?
- Sign up at the front desk before Sat, Feb 3rd.
- Pay $40— includes your t-shirt and goes toward weekly raffle prizes & socials.
- You’ll be drafted onto a team by the coaches on Feb 3rd.
- Complete 1 CFHQ mystery WOD per week, preferably at Friday Night Lights Showdown.
- Rx, Scaled, Master’s (35+), Master’s Scaled, and Teen (14-18) Divisions.
- Team Dodgeball bracket will take the place of the Spirit points this year. No elaborate team intros.
- Socials after the 1st and 5th Friday Night Lights.
- Meet new people, have some fun, and get a good workout.
- You are not required to register for the CFHQ Open to participate in our BBCF Open Team League, but you may choose to do both.
Click for the full details of the BBCF Open Team League. BBCF Open Team League 2018
And then….sign up today!